We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
1.7.6 is an update which implements a new player skin system, and support for player name changing. It breaks compatibility with 1.7.2 - 1.7.5 servers. It was replaced the same week by 1.7.7 to fix a major bug, and then again the next week by 1.7.8 and 1.7.9. The number settled on was 1.7.9.
Changes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Skins and capes are now distributed through servers.
- Skins server outages will occur less frequently and have less impact.
- Skin changes will no longer require client restarting, at worst re-logging will update the skin for everybody.
- Server-altered skins/capes are not possible - only signed URLs are stored server-side.
- Duplicate skins no longer need to be downloaded twice.
- Server traffic will barely be affected.
- Name changing
- Support for name changing.
- Only the support for changing names, actually being able to change names will come after 1.8 release. 
- The server resource packs option is now per-server, and has three settings: prompt, enabled, and disabled.
- The minimum setting for the FOV option is now 30 instead of 70.
- Improved 'configure' screen.
- Can now OP players from the config screen.
- Easier to invite/uninvite players.
- New button to close/unclose realm.
Fixes[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
8 bugs fixed
From released versions before 1.7.2
- MC-31468 – Holes in bedrock and Replaced any block using Arbitrary tnt and flame bows
- MC-33086 – Save-all causes lagspikes on larger maps
From the 1.7.x release versions
- MC-40615 – Child animals obsessed about their parents, even after growing up
- MC-47723 – Broadcast settings - report to Mojang, links to previous bug reporting facility
- MC-48826 – "replace" directive in sounds.json does not work
- MC-51206 –
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Can't place skulls in multiplayer
- MC-51953 – Almost instant motion sickness due to distorted rendering