Catching fish[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Use a fishing rod to cast the line into a body of water. The position of the player does not matter; the player can be in the water, sitting in a boat, or standing on adjacent land. Fish can be caught just as readily in small, shallow, and/or player-created pools.
The bobber must be watched closely. Small splashes can be seen around the bobber.
There will be a period where the player must wait, randomly chosen from 5 to 45 seconds.
- Each level of Lure enchantment on the fishing rod will subtract 5 seconds from this wait time.
- If the bobber is not directly exposed to sun or moonlight,[note 1] the wait time will be approximately doubled.[note 2]
- If the bobber's block is being rained on,[note 3] the wait will be shortened by about 20%.[note 4]
After a period of waiting, a fish will approach and start to bite. A small trail of water particles will head towards the bobber (unseen if Particles is set to Minimal in Video Settings). When the bobber dips below the surface, immediately right-click again to reel in the line. The window for reeling in when a fish bites is about half a second. If a bite is missed, the line can be left in the water to wait for another bite.
- A successful reel-in causes a raw fish, salmon, pufferfish, clownfish, junk, or treasure (see below) to fly through the air towards the player. Normally, it will fly directly to the player's position, but if there are blocks in the way, it may bounce off at an angle.
- A successful reel-in also produces an experience orb worth 1–6 experience points at the location of the player doing the fishing.
The line will disappear if the player wanders more than 32 blocks away from the bobber, or if the player stops holding a fishing rod.
If a fishing rod is used while underwater, the bobber will float up to the water's surface, unless a block is in the way or unless it hooks a mob such as squid.
Reeling in the fishing rod costs durability; see below.
- All blocks above the bobber must be completely transparent to sunlight. This includes glass and tripwire, but not leaves
- Each tick will have a 50% chance of not decrementing the count
- The bobber must be located in a biome where it is currently raining and all blocks above it must not block movement (e.g. torch, tripwire).
- Each tick will have a 25% chance of counting down 2 instead of 1
Junk and treasures[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
The player can occasionally catch treasure or junk instead of fish. An unenchanted fishing rod has an 85% chance of catching fish, a 10% chance of junk, and a 5% chance of treasure. Each level of the Luck of the Sea enchantment decreases the chance of junk and fish, and increases the chance of treasure.
|Fish||Chance in Category[note 1]||Unenchanted Chance (85%)||LotS 1 (84.8%)||LotS 2 (84.7%)||LotS 3 (84.5%)|
|Treasure||Chance in Category[note 1]||Unenchanted Chance (5%)||LotS 1 (7.1%)||LotS 2 (9.2%)||LotS 3 (11.3%)|
|Bow[note 2]||16.67% (1⁄6)||0.8%||1.2%||1.5%||1.9%|
|Enchanted Book[note 3]||16.67% (1⁄6)||0.8%||1.2%||1.5%||1.9%|
|Fishing Rod[note 2]||16.67% (1⁄6)||0.8%||1.2%||1.5%||1.9%|
|Name Tag||16.67% (1⁄6)||0.8%||1.2%||1.5%||1.9%|
|Lily Pad||16.67% (1⁄6)||0.8%||1.2%||1.5%||1.9%|
|Junk||Chance in Category[note 1]||Unenchanted Chance (10%)||LotS 1 (8.1%)||LotS 2 (6.1%)||LotS 3 (4.2%)|
|Fishing Rod[note 4]||2.4% (2⁄83)||0.2%||0.2%||0.1%||0.1%|
|Leather Boots[note 4]||12.0% (10⁄83)||1.2%||1.0%||0.7%||0.5%|
|Rotten Flesh||12.0% (10⁄83)||1.2%||1.0%||0.7%||0.5%|
|Water Bottle||12.0% (10⁄83)||1.2%||1.0%||0.7%||0.5%|
|Ink Sac × 10||1.2% (1⁄83)||0.1%||0.1%||0.1%||0.1%|
|Tripwire Hook||12.0% (10⁄83)||1.2%||1.0%||0.7%||0.5%|
- This does not vary depending on enchantments.
- Bows and Fishing Rods caught from the Treasure category will be enchanted, but also 75%–100% damaged. Enchantment probabilities are the same as a level-30 enchantment on an enchantment table. These can also include treasure enchantments that are unavailable via an enchantment table.
- Enchantment probabilities are the same as a level-30 enchantment on an enchantment table, but the chance of multiple enchantments is not reduced. These can also include treasure enchantments that are unavailable via an enchantment table.
- Fishing Rods and Leather Boots caught from the Junk category will be 10%–100% damaged, and not enchanted.
Fishing rod durability[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- See also: Fishing Rod§ Usage
- Reeling in while the bobber is in the air, or in the water, does not reduce durability.
- Reeling in successfully catching a fish, junk or treasure costs 1 durability.
- Reeling in while the bobber is stuck in a solid block costs 2 durability.
- Reeling in a dropped item costs 3 durability.
- Reeling in an entity that's not a dropped item costs 5 durability.
Durability cost occurs on reel-in, rather than on impact, so penalties can be avoided by switching to another item or dropping the rod instead of reeling in.
History[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|The old algorithm is as follows: each tick has a 1⁄500 chance of catching a fish, unless it's raining, in which case it's a 1⁄300 chance instead. Rain reduces the average time between catches from 346 ticks to 207 ticks, a 40% decrease. This algorithm lasted until it was changed in 1.7.2.|
|1.4.2||12w37a||Fishing now gives the player XP with each fish caught.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||Fishing rewards and mechanics massively changed, with new rewards including enchanted books, saddles, enchanted fishing rods, name tags, and such.|
|Fishing now has particles when a fish is approaching the bobber.|
|There is now a chance to get "bad" items (junk) such as sticks, bones, and such.|
|1.11||16w38a||Ink sac chances changed from 10 chances for 1 ink sac to 1 chance for 10 ink sacs.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.11.0||March 13, 2015||Daniel Wustenhoff tweets an image of the player fishing.|
|build 1||Added fishing.|
|0.12.1||build 1||Fishing rewards can now be enchanted upon capture (enchanted books, etc).|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added fishing.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Fishing now has particle effects - bubbles will show up moving towards the bobber just before the player has something on the hook. This has the appearance of a fish swimming towards the hook.|
|Treasure and junk items can now be caught while fishing.|
Issues[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Issues relating to “Fishing” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- The maximum distance you can get between the bobber and yourself is 33 blocks.
- If you cast the bobber into a waterfall, the bobber will float up the waterfall until it reaches the top where it will stay until the player pulls it back in or until a fish is caught on the line. If a fish is caught on the line, the bobber will then fall off from the waterfall making it much easier to visualize when to reel in.
- If you are underwater, or if you stand right next to the bobber, you can still catch fish.
- If you cast the line into an End Portal, the line and bobber will disappear, although it doesn't teleport back to the Overworld.
- You can switch from one fishing rod to another, at any time, even after hooking a fish or snagging something. This means that you can hook a fish with one rod, and reel it in with another. When you reel it in the new rod will take the durability cost.
- You can obtain the Cow Tipper achievement from reeling in leather.
- If you cast the line into the corner of a block it will "skip". This can be used for faster fishing. Skipping the process of rising out of the water. This is known as skishing.
- You are able to fish using the fishing rod in your off-hand slot.
- The fish or other caught item behaves like a drop and can be stopped by solid blocks.