Minecraft Infdev (27th of February, 2010)
Minecraft Infdev (27th of June, 2010)
| A version of Infdev from June 18, 2010 is available to play in the launcher.|
However, please note that this version contains bugs. You'll need to proceed at your own risk.
Infdev succeeded Indev when Notch decided to rewrite the game's code to allow terrain to be "infinite" and procedurally generated rather than finite. This principle of how maps are generated is similar to how current Minecraft levels are. Ever since Infdev, maps generated terrain theoretically 8 times the size of the Earth. Infdev was also the first appearance of the Far Lands. The edge of the map limits the world to 64,000,000 blocks by 64,000,000 blocks, or 4.096 billion square km. For comparison, the Earth has a total surface area (including ocean) of 510 million square km.
Features[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- For a complete list of changes, see Infdev version history
- Massive brick pyramids spawn very rarely in early versions of infdev. These pyramids reached from near the top of the world down to the ground. The base of the pyramid does not replace normally generated terrain except for water and air. The tops of these pyramids were commonly cut off. Little information is known about this structure because it is so old, and rare.
- An extra world type is hidden in Infdev's files called 'The Skylands.' This dimension is unreachable in ordinary infdev, but still exists. In the skylands, there are very common floating islands. It is always daytime.
- Infdev also includes the Far Lands. The Far Lands are not exclusive to Infdev, however Infdev is the first appearance of them. The giant distortion wall at 12,550,820 and past that most people thought of as The Far Lands was removed in Beta 1.8, however the term has been used since to describe the far areas of the map and their strange shaky physics, as well as the end of the map at plus or minus 32 million.
- Infinite map generation
- More craftable items
- 3D clouds
- Much more complex cave systems
- Dynamic fluid system.
- Signs, ladders, and doors
- Minecarts and their tracks
Alpha replacing Infdev[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Because Infdev's main purpose was to catch an infinite terrain version up to par with Indev's content, that purpose was filled around June 2010. Infdev was replaced by the name of Alpha as a sign of progression towards release. Infdev no longer gets updated, and its link has been removed from the Minecraft website.
Infdev, along with Indev, were still available on Minecraft.net up until September 2010, and to play Infdev now, players must use the option for playing another version of the game in the new launcher.
Trivia[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Infdev was given its name as a play on words from Indev (which stood for In Development); the "Inf" stands for Infinite.
- Infdev is silent since the Infdev resources are removed from minecraft.net/resources. But this does not happen to Indev and 0.31.
- Breaking a block when directly on top of it will not show the breaking animaton in Infdev.
- In early versions of Infdev, you started with 999 Wood Planks and 999 Glass Blocks. (This has long since been removed.)
- In the terrain.png (the file with all of the textures) remnants of the Cog texture can be seen.
- In the same file, a strange and out of place texture can be seen below the sapling, it appears to be a jumble of red, orange, and white pixels. It was later replaced with a solid red square, with the words "fire tex" written in it.
- In the versions misc. folder, the textures for the Cog can be seen under the names of; gear.png and gearmiddle.png
See also[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]