|This article is a stub.|
Please help us by expanding it.
MinecraftEdu is a sandbox indie educational video game written in Java, developed by , published by E-Line Media, and licensed by Mojang AB. It is meant as an educational version of Minecraft for classroom use.
In the beginning, MinecraftEdu was developed by TeacherGaming which were three developers and three teachers, located in the United States and Finland. Later, TeacherGaming expanded into a team of eight.
MinecraftEdu focuses on allowing the player to explore, interact with, and modify a dynamically-generated map made of one-cubic-meter-sized blocks. In doing so the student with the help of the teacher is supposed to learn a variety of subjects. The teacher can change settings to defy where students can place/destroy blocks and the world used on the server.
Purchase and avaibility[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
MinecraftEdu can be purchased for $18 per student(24 or less) or $14(25 or more) for the User license and $41 for the Server license. The server license can be bought as a one-time purchase. Once purchased, the game can be played by downloading the launcher. MinecraftEdu Hosting Beta is also available for $20/month and does not require you to pay the server software license again.
Hardware requirements[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- A Windows, Mac or Linux computer (desktop or laptop)
- 2 GB of RAM or greater
- Intel Pentium D, AMD Athlon or greater processor
- 200MB free hard disk space or more
- Java 6 Release 45 or later (including Java 7 and 8)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) with OpenGL 3.3
- HDD: 1GB
- Latest release of Java 8 from java.com
- Minecraft Release 1.6 or newer. Older versions will need to be updated to current versions
- Please note that some users experience issues playing Minecraft while using a mismatched version of Java for their operating system (32 or 64 bit), while using certain versions of Java 7, or while multiple versions of Java are installed
Gameplay[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
The objective of the game remains the same as regular Minecraft, where players can build virtual realities in a sandbox-like environment. However, MinecraftEdu also has the goal of an educational use to teach a variety of subjects.
Differences from regular Minecraft[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|30px||Information Block||When right clicked, it opens a menu with text that a teacher can write.|
|30px||Spawn Block||Defines the spawn of the world when placed by teacher. The last spawn block placed will determine the spawn.|
|30px||Border Block||Used to define the area students can play in. Students can not go over, under, or through it.|
|30px||Build Allow Block||Allows students to build above the block even if the world is set to disallow building.|
|30px||Build Disallow Block||Disallows students to build above the block even if the world is set to allow building|
|30px||Big Sign||A three block wide sign. When you place a sign it will give you a choice if you would like a small or big sign.|
|30px||Information Sign||Decorative. Used to draw students attention to important things.|
|30px||Foundation Block||Measures distance to other foundation blocks.|
|30px||Teleport Block||Used to teleport large distances to the location you set in the world.|
|30px||Home Block||Used to teleport players to their home.|
|Block Inspector||Displays the name of the block you are looking at on screen.|
Options/ Menus[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Teacher options[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
(Can open by pressing P)
- User settings
|Teleport me to spawn||Teleports you back to spawn location.|
|Own Creative mode||When enabled, tap double space to fly, unlimited blocks, instant break blocks.|
|Spectate||Makes you invisible to others and allows you to move faster.|
|Teleport students to me||Teloports all students to your position.|
|Teleport teachers to me||Teleport all teachers to your position.|
|Freeze students||When enabled, students can't move.|
|Mute students||When enabled, students will not be able to use the in game chat.|
|Creative mode||When enabled, tap double space to fly, unlimited blocks, instant break blocks.|
|Night||When enabled, night and day will cycle.|
|Weather effects||When enabled, rain and storms may occur.|
|Allow fire and TNT||When enabled, fire will spread and TNT will explode.|
|Students can build||When enabled, students can build anywhere except on top of build disallow blocks.|
|Tropification||When enabled, deserts can be converted to forest.|
|Desertifcation||When enabled, forests can be converted to deserts.|
|Health & Hunger||When enabled, you will take damage and need to eat.|
|Monsters||When enabled, monsters will spawn and may attack players.|
|Animals||When enabled, pigs, chickens, cows and sheep will spawn.|
|Give||Gives students any block or item in the game.|
|Assignment||Lets you put in an overall assignment that the students will be able to see.|
Tutorial mode[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- MinecraftEdu comes with a tutorial world that teachers may select from the server menu, that goes through the basics of controls, placing/destroying blocks, teacher options, and more.
- ComputerCraftEdu come prepackaged with MinecraftEdu and is an educational version of ComputerCraft made by TeacherGaming and Dan200(Author of ComputerCraft), meant to teach students how to code inside of Minecraft.
- Instead of having customizable skins, the student picks their skin from one of the many default skins that come with MinecraftEdu (in addition to Steve and Alex) when first joining a server or creating a world.
Trailers[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Gallery[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
External Links[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
References[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]