Alpha 0.15.0, the first release of the Friendly Update , is an update to  which added pistons, Realms, and other additions and changes.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition
Achievements for iOS and Android
Moved hunger bars and health to above the hotbar ( Large devices only)
resource packs aren't complete. In the game and in the options menu, they are referred to as texture packs, but in the game, when you manage the available resource packs from the options menu, there are options to move them around and select multiple resource packs, like in the PC version. Also, in the files, there is a folder called resource_packs, where the resource pack files are stored.
New Store Button
Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends.
New UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition.
New UI for the skins menu, it has skin selection carousel that is similar to Console Edition.
Version exclusive: Added eating animation for animals when feeding them.
Boost, used when riding a
pig with a carrot on a stick. Name, used for name
mobs using name tags. Leash, used for leashing a mob with a
lead. Take Picture, used for taking pictures with a camera (currently not available in game, but in the files). Pig riding
Version exclusive: New sound when accelerates.
Jungle temple New village types
Version exclusive: Ice plain village
Version exclusive: Cold taiga village
acacia wood instead of oak. Cobblestone is not replaced with acacia wood. Zombie village
New scroll bar
Online play uses less bandwidth now.
Note blocks are a lot louder now. When
player's name is Dinnerbone or Grumm, the player's model changes to an upside down model. Drops iOS 7 and earlier support; iOS 8 or later required
Now lose durability when breaking any kind of block.
When named to "Dinnerbone" or "Grumm" make mobs upside-down.
Added animation for shooting arrows and recharging bows.
Added animation when walking with sword.
When renamed to "Toast" they change their texture.
Enderman Can now rarely spawn in the Nether with a
1⁄ 153 rate.
Compared to 100⁄ 153 for zombie pigmen. Can now naturally pick up netherrack.
Fixed a lot of crashes!
Fixed a couple of bugs causing data to be lost or world corruption.
A whole bunch of redstone fixes from the community feedback.
Lots of multiplayer desynchronization fixes.
Less flickering of the block selection highlight!
Glass doesn’t become green anymore.
Fixed chests generation in dungeons and desert temples.
Walking far from spawn generates a lot less jittering now.
– Can't see water under ice MCPE-5473
– When red sand falls on torches it turns into regular sand. MCPE-7318
– Cactus on hotbar has broken texture MCPE-7903
– Chests in desert temple generation bug MCPE-11400
– Note Block's audio is too low. MCPE-11500
– Incorrect position when fence gate is opened. MCPE-11703
– Fly and Sneak float (touch input) MCPE-12038
– Desert temple generation glitch MCPE-12127
– Cobblestone wall are connected to sideways fence gate. MCPE-12394
– Items and yourself cannot fall into cauldrons. MCPE-12516
– Hopper texture bug MCPE-12540
– Angry Wolf Texture Missing MCPE-12673
– Nether Wart block has wrong shape when placed at Soul Sand. MCPE-12960
– Paintings not adhered to the wall. MCPE-12961
– Cannot Shift + Place Containers Whilst Flying MCPE-13619
– Lava rendering issue as seen in the Nether MCPE-13949
– You can put torches, ladders and vines in pressure plates and daylight sensor MCPE-14066
– Redstone does not align correctly when "cut" by farmland block and grass path block. MCPE-14174
– Fences and Cobblestone Wall placed in Item Frames are invisible. MCPE-14238
– Colored armor doesn't show color when in hotbar, but does when you tap inventory button. MCPE-14255 – Crash MCPE-14871
This update had the shortest amount of development builds to date for a major update, with 3 (6 if Realms is included) builds being released in the timespan of only 10 days.
This update was the second to have an official name.