Pre 0.0.0 (May 10, 2009)
Pre 0.0.9a (May 16, 2009)
|These versions are available to play in the launcher.|
However, please note that these versions may contain bugs. You'll need to proceed at your own risk.
Pre-classic is the name given to versions developed before Classic. It was the very first development phase in Minecraft. The phase was originally named "Cave Game" until the game was changed to "Minecraft: Order of the Stone" then to "Minecraft".
History[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- See also: Version history/Pre-classic
Pre-classic began when Markus Persson (Notch) started working on a game named "Cave Game." He was influenced to create the game by Infiniminer, Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Keeper, and one of his previous games, RubyDung.
Eventually, after 6 days of development, Minecraft was first publicly released on May 17, 2009 with version 0.0.11a, the first version in the Classic development phase.
Little is known about this development phase, since it was never publicly released, and only Notch could test the versions. Every version in this phase could previously be seen in a few of the videos on Notch's YouTube channel, though most of the videos have been removed since then.
Several pre-classic versions are now available to the public through the launcher.
Additions[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Grass Block
- Human mobs
- Level Generator
- Full Screen
- Wooden Planks
Trivia[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Human mobs could be spawned by pressing the G button.
- It was possible to respawn someplace on the world by pressing R.
- This development phase lasted only 6 days.
- The earliest version of Minecraft pre-classic currently available is called "old-alpha rd-132211" (Pre 0.0.9.a, May 13, 2009) in the new launcher.
- When you go to the pre-classic game using the launcher, instead of it being called "Minecraft" it is simply titled "Game".
- In the class files, Minecraft referred to itself as "RubyDung".
- The grass and cobblestone texture were taken from the game "RubyDung".
- The name "Order of the Stone" was later reused in Minecraft: Story Mode as a legendary group of adventurers.
See also[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]