|This page contains content that is no longer in the game.|
These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft.
In this version, creepers had melee but exploded when killed, the only food source were mushrooms, and you could get them by killing sheep or pigs or finding them in caves. The red mushrooms were toxic and hurt the player by 1 1/2 hearts . The point system was first implemented in this update. The player's fist also took 4 () away from the mob the player punched.
Survival Test was removed the website on December 16, 2010 when the site received a major overhaul, during the Alpha phase. Survival Test is not available in the launcher, though it is compatible if the user is able to provide the .jar file.
Differences from Classic Creative[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Health bar with 10 hearts.
- When health is low, the health bar begins to shake.
- When you die, you must generate a new world or load a saved one, like you do in hardcore.
- The addition of mushrooms as food.
- The player starts with 10 TNT.
- 8 mobs; Zombies, skeletons, creepers, pigs, spiders, sheep, humans, and giants
- Arrows could be fired by pressing "tab".
- Drowning and lava damage.
- Players can see their hand in game. Its position is different for all versions after 0.30_03.
- Skeleton's arrows were purple, and when killed will blow up in an explosion of five arrows that you can pick up.
- Sheep eat grass and drop food (brown mushrooms).
Points[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Some aspects of the point system are listed below:
- Sheep and pigs awarded 10 points.
- Zombies awarded 80 points.
- Spiders awarded 105 points.
- Skeletons awarded 120 points.
- Creepers awarded 200 points (it was once 250).
Points would not be scored for indirect killing (e.g. blowing up a creeper which killed a zombie didn't award the zombie's points).
Blocks[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
A handful of blocks are obtained in different ways than in the modern game:
- Gold blocks were obtained by mining gold ore.
- Iron blocks were obtained by mining iron ore.
- Stone slabs were obtained by mining coal ore.
- Oak wood planks were obtained by chopping up oak logs.
- White cloth (wool) was obtained by punching sheep (this did no damage).
All other blocks found naturally in the world could be picked up normally, with the exception of ores and logs, which drop their resources, stone which drops cobblestone as normal, leaves which also drop saplings like normally, grass blocks which drop dirt (which can handle grass again) and liquids and bedrock which are unbreakable.
Trivia[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Notch created the giant mob in the last version of Survival Test, however they were hidden afterwards due to an issue with spawning and their overall power.
- In Survival Test zombies and skeletons had a chance of wearing armor, but Notch removed it in the final version. This feature was re-added in 1.4 Release.
- In Survival Test the fastest mob was the spider, being able to move as fast as the player.
- Indev 0.31 in the very first update was known as Survival Test.
- In Survival Test 0.24, creepers were made from the failed pig model.
References[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]