We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The world border is the current edge of a Minecraft world.
Appearance[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
The world border appears as animated, diagonal, narrow stripes. When the border is not moving, the stripes are a translucent aqua color. If the border is expanding, the stripes appear green; if the border is contracting, the lines appear red.
Size[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
The world border is essentially a giant bounding box; by default, its center lies at coordinates x:0, z:0 , with a width and length of 60 million (60000000) blocks from both ends. Its effects cease at an altitude of approximately Y=±1E33 (1 decillion), even though it no longer physically displays below Y=1 and above Y=256. With commands, the size and position of the border can be modified. The world border always behaves in full block increments, even if it is set to a partial block. Its default size and location remain the same across all three dimensions,
Effects[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Most entities, with exception to some projectiles, are unable to move through the world border. Any players in Survival mode on the outside of the world border will take regular damage as long as they are outside the border.
While players themselves cannot move through the world border, they can reach the other side of the world border through other means, including:
- Letting the world border pass them as it is shrinking
- Throwing an ender pearl through the world border
- Mounting a minecart, boat, horse, or pig
- Dismounting anything at the north or west edge of the border
- Using commands such as
- Sleeping next to the world border
Players cannot normally place and destroy blocks (other than lily pads), nor interact with objects outside of the world border. It is possible to place blocks outside of the world border, either by placing the block against one that is inside the world border, or by using commands. If a dispenser or dropper is placed so that it directly faces the edge of the border, then items, projectiles, TNT, etc. can be fired outside of the edge of the border. If a mob is spawned from a dispenser via a spawn egg, the mob will be killed as normal, but it cannot move and is not affected by gravity. The same applies for dispensed items - they will float in midair; if an item is dropped from the player inventory, the item will fall normally.
Most blocks still function outside the world border, and most redstone contraptions will still function as well. Exceptions include falling blocks (such as sand and gravel), which will drop as an item, and pistons or hoppers, which will simply not function. Explosions also work normally, destroying terrain outside of the border. Light outside of the border remains unaffected.
Liquids can flow through the border and will continue flowing until they reach their flow limit. Liquids can also be placed on the outside of the border, but if so, they do not flow. Liquids placed via a dispenser will flow as normal. Through a dispenser, placing water and then lava, or vice versa, will result in the flow abruptly ending, presumably because the obsidian that would normally generate does not.
Commands[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
/worldborder set <sizeInBlocks> [timeInSeconds]
- Sets the border to a square region with the specified size in blocks as the width and length. Optionally, a timeInSeconds may be specified such that the border grows or shrinks from the previous width to that being set over the specified time in seconds. If timeInSeconds is not specified, the world border changes immediately. To reset the world border size, set sizeInBlocks to 60000000 (sixty million). The border will still grow or shrink and the animation will display even if the game is paused.
/worldborder center <x> <z>
- Sets the center of the area inside the world border to the specified <x> and <z> coordinates. Tilde (~) can be used as a relative coordinate. To reset the world border center, set both <x> and <z> to 0 (zero).
/worldborder add <sizeInBlocks> [timeInSeconds]
- Adds or subtracts sizeInBlocks to/from the current world border width and length. sizeInBlocks may be a positive or negative number. Optionally, a timeInSeconds may be specified such that the border grows or shrinks from the current width to that being set over the specified time in seconds.
/worldborder damage buffer <sizeInBlocks>
- Sets the amount of blocks a player may safely be outside the world border before taking damage. The default is 5 blocks.
/worldborder damage amount <damagePerBlock>
- Sets the amount of damage a player takes when outside the world border plus the world border buffer. The default is 0.2 damage per second per block.
/worldborder warning time <timeInSeconds>
- Causes the screen to be tinted red when a contracting world border will reach the player within the specified time. The default is 15 seconds. The tint will not display if the user is using fast graphics.
/worldborder warning distance <sizeInBlocks>
- Causes the screen to be tinted red when the player is within the specified number of blocks from the world border. The default is 5 blocks. The tint will not display if the user is using fast graphics.
- Returns the current width of the world border.
History[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
See world boundary for the effects of the world's edge prior to the introduction of the world border.
|1.8||April 24, 2014||Dinnerbone tweets a previews of the "shimmery" world border textures, which were made by Ryan Holtz.|
|14w17a||Added the customizable world borders.|
|14w18a||Players cannot interact with blocks outside the world border anymore.|
|14w19a||"Warning" and "damage" commands added.|
|A red-colored warning aura is seen when within a certain distance of the world border.|
|The border in the Nether is now the same size as that of the Overworld.|
|Traveling to the Nether will now not create new portals outside the boundary.|
|14w20a||If you’re stuck outside the world border, it is possible to freely fly/walk around, though you gradually lose hearts. Not possible to freely walk through the border from the inside.|
|14w26a||"Add" command added.|
|14w29a||"Get" command added, which shows the current size of the border. Command blocks no longer work outside of the border. Unclear if this is a bug or intended.|
|14w30a||Hoppers outside of the world border no longer function.|
|14w31a||The time parameter of the world border size changing can now be larger.|
|Only players get damage outside of the world border.|
Issues[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Issues relating to “World border” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Trivia[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- The reason the world border is at X/Z ±29,999,984 is that Dinnerbone put it 1 chunk (16 blocks) short of the edge to prevent falling through the world.
Gallery[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
References[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]