Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article is a stub.|
Please help us by expanding it.
The south-east rule (formerly known as the south-west rule) is an unintentional mechanic in Minecraft wherein various effects occur based on compass rose directions, specifically in a south-east variant. It could be better described as the Z-X rule, as the rule as always acted towards positive Z and positive X.
Effects[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- Rails will curve south or east when they are initially placed at a "T" intersection or a "+" intersection. They will also curve away from the south or east when powered.
- Mobs being spawned by spawn eggs, spawned by monster spawners, built by the player, and newborn baby animals will always appear to be facing the southern direction.
- TNT cannons tend to fire farther when facing east or south. Designs that don't account for spread also exhibit horizontal drift eastward/southward as well.
- Many bugs cause problems relating to south and east, such as villagers trying to cram into the house that is mostly in the southern-eastern area of the village.
- Levers facing north-south will have the off state pointed south and levers oriented east-west have the off state directed towards east.
History[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
|1.6||Prevented dispensers from firing arrows, eggs, or snowballs through a solid block right next to the dispenser if the dispenser is facing west or south.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre4||Changed the south-west rule to the south-east rule, as positive X was changed from west to east.|
Trivia[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
- The debug screen displays direction using the value "f" under coordinates such that 0 is South, 1 is West, 2 is North and 3 is East.