We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Custom Maps are maps created by other players who then upload the files online to share. You can then download them, insert them into a folder and play. This is not a list of maps. (You can find them on other websites.)
Getting one[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
1. First, go to any website which maps are uploaded to and download one you like the look of. It should be in .zip format.
2. Find the file you downloaded and extract it using WinZip or 7-Zip. Copy the folder that has been extracted.
3. Start up the Minecraft Launcher, and click Edit Profile in the bottom left corner. Then click Open Game Dir, and the .minecraft folder should appear.
4. Paste your map file into the saves folder and start Minecraft as normal. The world should appear and you can play the map.
Uploading one[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
1. Windows: Press ⊞ Windows + R, type in %appdata% and find the Minecraft saves folder. Compress (preferably by using .zip) the world you want to upload.
Mac OS X: Go to your user's folder in Finder, then access "Library" then "Application Support", then "minecraft" and finally "saves". Compress the world you want to upload, in .zip format.
Linux: Open your favorite file manager then access this path (in Nautilus, Ctrl + L): ~/.minecraft/
Now click "saves" and compress the world (preferably in .zip format) you want to upload.
2. Go to a site such as MediaFire or CurseForge and go to their uploads screen. It differs, but paste the file in and follow the instructions.
3. The Internet can now see your creation!
Playing them[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
This is the reason you downloaded it right? Custom maps often have objectives, and a storyline. They can be great fun and there are many types. Here they are, as well as some tips:
Puzzle[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
These are obstacle courses involving puzzles to complete. They might have a scoring system, with chests hidden full of gold. The more you collect, the higher your score! Here are some obstacles you may see:
- Redstone Puzzles. These will have you given a repeater or two and some redstone dust and ask you to rewire a door to open, for example. Check the relative sections on them in this very wiki to get some tips on how to make the most of what you get.
- Mazes. Wander around narrow paths aimlessly until you see a door. Great fun! At a fork, choose a path and mark it with a torch. This will help you know that you have been down that way.
Action[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Generally, these maps involve much fighting and survival skills.
- Survival Maps. Like regular minecraft survival, but with a twist. You may be in the clouds, have limited resources/space etc.
- CTM maps. These maps are known to be very difficult. The goal is to complete a "Victory Monument", where you have to fill it up with wool, records, or some other type of items. These maps have many traps.
- Arena Maps. These maps have stages and in each stage, you fight a wave of mobs to progress.
PVP[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Wanted to ever fight someone else? Tired of creepers and skeletons? Well these are your maps!
- Race For Wool maps. This is when teams of four go into a lane and try to complete a monument there. They include dungeons and crossfire form the other lane. This is a subtype of CTM.
- Capture The Wool maps. This is where people rush to the opponent's base and attempt to steal wool from a fleecy box. They then have to return to their base. Can be played in small or large groups.
- Destroy the Monument/Core maps. Self-explanatory. Usually only played in large groups, sometimes up to 50v50.
Parkour[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Jumping around on platforms. They are usually organized in stages. There are several kinds of jumps, ranging from corner jumps, S - jumps, and ladder jumps. These maps are a test of agility.
Creative[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
These are maps with no real goal in mind. They often have stunning scenery or mechanics. Planet Minecraft is filled with these. They can sometimes have a purpose like a map for a server.
Adventure[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Complete a long and winding storyline. Has lots of content. Sometimes puzzle, sometimes action. You cannot break any blocks in these maps, unless specifically told otherwise.
Horror[επεξεργασία | επεξεργασία κώδικα]
Generally an Adventure map with jumpscares and a dark/ambiguous storyline.